COMMUNIQUE OF THE MEETING OF THE NIGERIA WOMEN FOOTBALL CLUB OWNERS AND MANAGERS ASSOCIATION HELD ON THE 3RD OF FEBRUARY, 2016 AT OMEGA HOTEL, WUSE ZONE 7, ABUJA
1) The club owners and managers of the Nigeria Women Football unanimously resolved, in our meeting of 3rd February, 2016 held at Omega Hotel, Abuja, that elections must be conducted into the Board of NWFL before the commencement of the 2015/16 league season.
2) The club owners and managers, also, resolved to refer the issue of relegation, penalty for missed matches, registration fees and abridged league for the 2015/2016 league season to the incoming Board of the NWFL and the NWFL congress.
3) The meeting also observed, with grave concern, that he NWFL has never received a single kobo from the yearly 15% FIFA Development grant and the Glo Sponsorship contract, and appeals to the NFF to kindly release, directly, to the NWFL such funds, as is the practice in other Women Football Playing Countries.
4) The meeting also resolved to plead with the NFF to block all loopholes that allow players to go on international transfer without proper checks, so that clubs can benefit from such transfers.
5) The club owners and managers of the Nigeria Women Football also unanimously resolved not to commence the 2015/2016 league season until after the elections into the NWFL Board.
6) The meeting, also, unanimously resolve to parley with the NFF on the need to develop a continental tournament for the winners of our league to participate in, e.g. WAFU Cup and Africa Women’s Champions League. This way, the meeting believes that this will be a strong reason to sponsor and play in the league, just like the male counterparts that are playing in various continental championships.
7) The meeting also resolved to elect the followings, as its Executives, pending the forthcoming elections into the Board of the NWFL.
a) Alh. Nuhu Audu – Nasarawa Amazons – Chairman
b) Rev. Martins Eubuomwan JP – Martin White Dove FC – V/Chairman
c) Emmanuel Zira – Adamawa Queens FC – Secretary General
d) Chief Peter Oguche – Oguche Babes FC – Publicity Secretary
e) Mrs. Agape Krama – Beautiful Tours FC – Treasurer
Courtesy Patrick Ngwaogu