The third edition of the Kenya Women Football Tournament (KWFT) will run from December 27 to 31 at Camp Toyoyo Grounds in Jericho Estate.
The annual women’s tournament organized by Girls Unlimited organization has partnered with Sports Agency, Just Be Master (JBM) in the 2017 edition.
The aim of the tournament is to create a platform and opportunity for Girls/Women to showcase and expose their talents, campaign against inequality seeking to influence the politics of football in the country and create a network that will enforce social interrelation.
The aims will widen the scope of women’s football and provide opportunities for women to participate in various competitions, network and partner with international organizations that use football to empower women.
Teams that are planning to participate are required to do so before November 20.
Otto Benecker has won the previous two editions with Makolanders and Team Kujibamba finishing second in the first and second editions respectively.
– The tournament will consist of about 16/20 teams.
– Each team is required to pay a fee of 2,500 for registration to help in preparations.
– Team officials and tournament committee to meet on 20th November to do the draw and pooling (Time and venue will be confirmed)
– Each team to consist of 18 Players and 2 officials
– The Tournament will be played on a league basis.
– FIFA rules will be observed.
– Trophies for the Winner, 1st and 2nd runner up
– Cash award for Winners, 1st and 2nd runner up.
– Uniforms for finalists
– Top scorer
– Best player
– Best Goalkeeper
– Most disciplined team